If you have excess loose skin on your tummy area mainly as a result of weight loss or pregnancy, one of the procedures that you can undergo in order to correct this problem is getting a laser tummy tuck. This procedure differs from the traditional tummy tuck in that in this case a laser is inserted into the abdominal area through a small incision. The area under the skin is then heated through the laser. This breaks up the fat, which is then suctioned out of the body.
The Advantages of a Laser Tummy Tuck
- One of the benefits of laser fat removal is that only a small amount of scarring happens on the body in comparison to a traditional tummy tuck. This is because only a small incision is used during the procedure. Depending on your body type, the healing might occur much faster and not even leave any scar on the skin.
- The downtime is pretty short. This is due to the small incision that is made on the abdominal area. You can get back to your regular job after a short period of time.
- There are fewer risks of complications. This is due to the fact that it is a minimally invasive procedure, so there are fewer chances of anything going wrong. The recovery period also goes much more smoothly.
Disadvantages of Laser Fat Removal
- Laser tummy tuck is not suitable for everyone. There are some skin conditions that might not respond well to this treatment. This is in cases where the skin has been stretched too much until it has gotten damaged. This is likely to happen when the skin expands fast during pregnancy. For such situations, it is much better to undergo traditional liposuction.
- Your doctor should be the one to examine you and inform you whether laser fat reduction is ideal for your particular situation or not.
- Sometimes, the results of the procedure are not predictable. You might not get the result that you desire. This is because the results obtained depend on the body type. For instance, if your skin does not respond favorably and produce a lot of collagen, then it will not tighten as it should after the procedure has been done.
- There is also the risk of getting laser burns or rashes as a result of the technique used. This does not affect a lot of people but it is still a risk worth considering.
- Laser tummy tuck is quite costly. You will have to fork out between $6000 and $ 8, 000 for the procedure. The specific amount charged will depend on your specific doctor and the location where you are having the procedure done.
Best Patients for Laser Fat Reduction
This procedure is most ideal for certain types of people. This includes:
- Someone who is young
- Someone who does not want very dramatic results. The procedure works best if you only want to improve minor flaws on your skin and not major loose skin.