Dermabrasion is a resurfacing technique that is mostly used on the face. The main aim of the procedure is to treat the skin and reduce the effects of aging, wrinkles, lines and scars. It also gets rid of dead skin cells and leaves a healthy glowing skin. So as to get the best results, it is best to know what to expect during dermabrasion before and after the procedure. This will help you to be well prepared so that you can maximize the effects of the treatment.
Factors to Consider During Dermabrasion Before and After the Procedure
- During this non surgical facial resurfacing technique before and after the procedure, expect not to feel any pain. This is a fast and gentle solution that is not painful at all.
- Expect to undergo a number of sessions to get the maximum effect. You may have to attend 6-10 sessions to get rid of the dead skin cells and vacuum them away from the top layer of the skin. This will leave your skin feeling softer and smoother and you will look younger and more vibrant.
- If you have large pores, you will be happy to know that dermabrasion helps to minimize pores and to get rid of dirt that is clogging the pores.
- Drink lots of water when going for dermabrasion, before and after the procedure. This is because the procedure gets rid of the moisture in the skin. That is why you should apply a moisturizer on your skin after you have undergone dermabrasion. So, be sure to carry a moisturizer with you when you are going for the procedure.
- Use a skilled technician. If the technician uses unskilled techniques during skin resurfacing, before and after the procedure, they will be too harsh on your skin. This can lead to bleeding and abrasions on your skin. That is why you should not be afraid to speak up if you feel like the dermatologist is being a bit too harsh on your skin. The procedure should be done in a comfortable manner.
How This Skin Resurfacing Before and After Results Compares With Others
- This procedure is generally safer than other procedures such as chemical peels and liposuction. It is also a much cheaper option and it has a shorter downtime.
- The procedure improves blood flow in the body. This boost collagen production, which improves the texture of the skin and its elasticity.
- Having ice applied on your skin, on the area which is to be treated will help your skin to become firmer. This should be done at least half an hour to the procedure being done. This will prepare your skin, so that it handles the procedure better during dermabrasion, before and after the procedure.
- You have to take good care of your skin before and after the non surgical facial resurfacing technique. Keep it quite clean to minimize chances of getting an infection. Some doctors might prescribe antibiotics just to make sure that your skin doesn’t get any infections.