In a perfect world, getting a beach-ready body is a two-ingredient recipe: Start exercising and change your diet. In your head, it makes sense that in a just world, if you put in the hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded.
Unfortunately, when it comes to having the ‘perfect’ body, things are not that simple. Sometimes, no matter how intense your workout or strict your diet, some stubborn fat deposits just won’t budge.
Yes, we are talking about those pesky love handles that everybody hates and that double chin that you curse every morning when you look in the mirror. We all have those: trouble areas where flab builds up and just won’t shed? What’s the solution when stubborn fat resists all efforts of diet and exercise?
The answer lies in a medical procedure cleared by the FDA in 2010! We are talking about CoolSculpting, a non-invasive way to remove fat from thighs, arms and stomach for a noticeable slimmer you.
But does CoolSculpting really work? Is there such a thing as improving the contours of your body that does not involve starving or torturing yourself or undergoing surgery in the name of vanity?
The truth is that CoolSculpting works but not everyone is a good candidate for the fat-reduction procedure. For example, CoolSculpting is not an option for people with more than 20 pounds to lose. It is also not a fix for weight gained during pregnancy or obesity. The use of CoolSculpting is limited to certain areas of the body to eliminate stubborn fat. The 5 treatment areas include the abdomen, flanks or love handles, double chin, inner thighs and outer thighs.
The benefits of CoolSculpting for fat loss are:
- The procedure is FDA-cleared and non-surgical
- It provides proven, noticeable and lasting results
- The procedure is safe with no anesthesia or needles
- It requires little to no downtime
- You can create a customized treatment plan tailored to your body, goals and budget
The question is: What is CoolSculpting and what to expect from the non-surgical fat reduction treatment?
CoolSculpting or cryolipolysis is a medical treatment that uses controlled cooling to destroy fat cells, representing a noninvasive alternative to liposuction. It promises to eviscerate fat in trouble areas including the thighs and abdomen for a journey to a slimmer you. The fat freezing procedure works as follows:
- Many of us have areas of our body where fat deposits and won’t shed despite diet and exercise
- CoolSculpting uses cold to target and kill these fat cells
- In the weeks following the procedure, the frozen fat cells gradually die and are eliminated by the body’s natural elimination processes
- The treated fat cells are then gone for good
So does CoolSculpting really work? The answer is yes! Cryolipolysis is a safe and effective fat loss procedure. Depending on where you live and the types of treatment you require, it can cost anywhere between $700 and $3000.