Knowing everything you can about facial plastic surgery will help you to be more at ease before your operation. That is why you should ask your facial plastic surgeon all the questions you can about the procedure. Here are some of the basic questions you should ask the doctor to gain more insight about the process. This will help you know whether this is the right option for you or not.
- Ask the facial reconstruction surgeon what the risks associated with the procedure are. This should be discussed way before the surgery is due. This will give you time to think about the repercussions of your decision and whether you want to proceed with the operation or not.
- Find out the amount of time it will take for the procedure to be carried out. This will vary based on the extent of the area to be operated on. In some cases, the procedure can be done in one day and then you go home but in other instances, an overnight stay at the hospital will be necessary. The time of day when the procedure is to be carried out will also determine whether you sleep over in the hospital or not.
- Also, find out what the pre and post operation care will involve. This will help you recover much faster since you will be well taken care off. It will also minimize chances of you picking up an infection after the surgery.
- Ask the facial plastic surgeon what their recommendations are about the procedure you want to undertake. Their advice will help you make a good decision. For instance, the facelift surgeon can advise which combination of surgeries will get you the best results and make you look more naturally beautiful. You can also ask their advice about various things you can do, so as to maintain your youthful looks for a long time. It is also best to ask them if surgery is the best option for the procedure you want or if there are other non surgical options available. For instance, if you have dark circles around your eye, eyelid surgery will not help. What will come in handy are dermal fillers, which is a non surgical procedure.
- Find out how much the whole procedure will cost. Ask to be given a written quote based on what you want done. The quote should have a breakdown of the various expenses you will be expected to pay for. This will help you to organize financing for the operation.
- Find out what the office opening hours are and what the best way to get in touch with the doctor is. This will prevent you from getting frustrated when you need to talk to the doctor.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask the facial plastic surgeon. Ask as many questions as you need to.