No woman wants to have saggy or droopy breasts; they all want to maintain that youthful appearance and that’s why thousands of women are going for breast lift surgery every year. With this procedure, you can easily restore the volume and shape of your breasts into a more youthful contour. In most cases, breast lifts are done in conjunction with other body contouring procedures like breast reduction or augmentation. The big question is, how much is a boob lift on average?
How much is a Boob Lift in the United States?
Statistics released by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons indicates that the average cost of breast lift ranged from $5,000 in 2016. Breast lifts can widely vary. The fees indicated above do not include operating room facilities, anesthesia, and other surgical related expenses.
The surgical fees, on the other hand, will depend on the procedure used, the surgeon’s experience, and the geographical office location. Most of the health insurance companies in the United States do not cover breast lift costs or any of its related complications, but many doctors will offer their patients financing plans.
Breast lift cost will include:
- Surgeon’s fee
- Anesthesia fees
- Medical tests
- Post-surgery garments
- Surgical or hospital facility costs
- Prescriptions for medication
As you look for an affordable plastic surgeon near you, keep in mind that your comfort with him and their experience will be paramount – cheap is always expensive.
Breast Lift Candidates
You are the best breast lift candidate if:
- You do not smoke
- You have maintained stable weight and you are physically healthy
- You are bothered by your breasts’ being saggy or have lost volume and shape
- Your breast have an elongated, flatter shape
- Once unsupported, your nipples move below the breast crease
- You have enlarged areolas and stretched skin
- One of the breasts is lower than the other one
Anyone intending to have a breast lift should keep in mind that this is a very individualized process and should never be done to fulfill another person’s desires. Before you undergo this procedure to please someone else remember how much is a boob lift.
Boob Lift Recovery
Once the boob lift procedure is complete, bandages or dressings will be put on incisions to help you with the recovery. In order to support your boobs as they heal, you will need to put on a support bra or elastic bandage.
To drain the blood and other surgical related fluids, a thin tube may temporarily be placed under your skin. The surgeon may further give you more instructions like:
- How to take care of your boobs after the surgery
- Various medications that should be applied in order to reduce the chances of infections
- When to come for the post operation meetings
- Specific things to look out for on the surgical site
Don’t forget to ask your surgeon about any expectations during the recovery period. For instance:
- When should I be ready for my daily activities?
- When will the bandages be removed?
- Are the stitches removed and when are they removed?