Micro Laser lipo is a new plastic surgery technique that eliminates excess fat from various parts of the body and improves contours through laser-based energy. This type of liposuction is also referred to as Smartlipo, laser lipo, laser-guided liposuction, and laser-assisted lipolysis.
How is Micro Laser Lipo Performed?
There are two approaches to this laser liposuction. The first approach has three major steps:
- The laser is used in breaking down the various cell walls enabling the fat to leak out and thereby easing the fat subsequent removal. There is also the presence of small blood vessels in this type of lipo but it’s coagulated thus reducing post operation bruising.
- The same laser is used to heat the superficial layer slightly under the skin; this makes the cells to produce elastin and collagen which consequently improves the quality of the skin.
- Finally, the cell fragments and oils are removed, which completes the final contour reduction.
The second technique:
In this procedure, the last step of the first procedure above is skipped which means that instead of excreting the oils and cell fragments, they are absorbed by the body. Keep in mind that this technique is only preserved for areas that thin layers of fat such as the neck and the face or a place where just the skin tightening is needed.
Who is Qualified for this Laser Lipo?
The most suitable candidates for Micro Laser Lipo are people who meet any of the following conditions:
- Moderate to mild skin laxity.
- Excess fat in either moderate to mild amounts.
Your skin will start losing elastin and collagen from the age of 35 years. Skin laxity is not likely to respond to liposuction alone. Other candidates include people who have skin issues such as dimpling, cellulite, and scarring from the previous surgeries – all these issues can be solved by this lipo surgery.
The most obvious advantage of this procedure is the fact that you get an envious body shape. Achieving the body shape you’ve always desired without going through challenges is definitely a great achievement.
In the end, you will be in a position to look for the best strategies possible when it comes to caring for your body. But perhaps the ultimate advantage from this lipo is the fact that it will take you very little time to get your desired body shape.
Lipo Laser Side Effects
Over the last few decades, laser liposuction has significantly advanced and is, as a result, becoming more affordable and secure thanks to technological advancements. But despite this, patients should be aware of the various side effects related to this microlaser lipo. However, these side effects are few and may only occur in cases where the doctor was incompetent, simple bad luck or normal surgical side effects.
These side effects include:
- Contour irregularities
- Puckering and skin burns
- Lumpiness, treated area discomfort, and skin sagging
- Dimpling, numbness, discoloration
- Intestine injuries
Before you undergo any laser lipolysis, it is advisable that you first discuss your health status with your plastic surgeon.