Fat transfer breast augmentation involves taking fat from one part of the body through liposuction and injecting it into the breasts. This kind of fat injection breast augmentation is used on women who would like their breasts to look natural while increasing the size of their boobs. The procedure also helps to shape the breasts, while at the same time helping the woman to get rid of unwanted fat from other parts of the body. The procedure causes minimal scarring.
Benefits of Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
- The procedure is less traumatic to the body unlike the other traditional methods of breast augmentation, therefore shortening the time for recovery.
- The results are long lasting and you do not need to keep going for treatments
- There is no leakage or build up of scar tissue
- The risks are not as bad as those of other surgeries
- There are no incisions or cuts
- No foreign object is introduced into the body
- It is not invasive
Best Candidates for Fat Transfer Breast Enhancement
- Those who would like to increase their breast size
- Those who have enough fat for transfer
- You should not be considering fat transfer breast augmentation if you are having a baby within the next year
- Those who are ready to go through liposuction
- Those who do not have a history of breast cancer
Fat transfer breast enhancement will shape your breasts and make them more defined but it will not result in a big increase. Those with a low body mass are not advised to undergo the procedure since you need to have enough fat in your body.
The procedure is good for new mothers since it gives breasts volume, which is usually lost after childbirth. The liposuction is done by getting fat from the buttocks, thighs, stomach and anywhere there is extra fat on the body. The fat then grows naturally with the matrix tissue and the breasts become large and the patient enjoys the advantages of lipo. The procedure is done under general anesthesia and sedation and you do not need to spend the night at the hospital.
After the procedure, one might experience a slight swelling, bruising, discomfort at the site where the fat was removed and the place that was injected. Side effects are minimal since the procedure uses the body’s tissues. The results of fat transfer breast augmentation are long term but the effects of gravity, weight gain/weight loss, and aging will not be prevented by the procedure. The body is only able to retain about 60-80 percent of the fat. The amount of fat to be retained will actually depend on if you stick to your doctor’s advice during recovery from the fat transfer boob augmentation.
Wait for about two weeks before exercising or doing any strenuous activity. Recovery may take about three months. After surgery, you may be given touch-up injections to help improve the shape. Before the surgery, the surgeon can choose to give you a tissue expansion system before the breast augmentation procedure to help improve your results.