Microdermabrasion is a skin exfoliation technique that gets rid of dead skin cells on the surface of the skin, leaving you with a more youthful and refreshed look. This procedure improves the texture and smoothness of the skin. This procedure is normally performed in medical spas and in dermatologist’s offices. There are several benefits of microdermabrasion.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- One of the advantages of microdermabrasion is that it is non invasive. It is done on the surface of the skin as it treats the outermost layer of the skin. The exfoliation is done with a handheld device. That means that there is no risk of getting an infection as a result of the procedure since the skin is not wounded past the epidermis.
- It is suitable for all skin types. Whether you have oily skin or dry skin or combination skin, you can undergo this procedure. This makes it possible for a lot of people to use this cosmetic procedure to get better skin.
- This procedure is painless so there will be no use of anesthetic. You might feel a slight tingling or sensation as the dermatologist works on you but you won’t feel any pain.
- Some of the pros of microdermabrasion are that the procedure is relatively safe, especially if it is administered by a professional, who knows what they are doing. That is why you should find someone who is qualified and experienced to work on you.
- Other benefits of microdermabrasion are that it is fast. It can be done in less than an hour. There are a lot of dermatologists who offer lunchtime services, for those who have a tight schedule and have to go back to work. For instance, treating the face will take about 30 minutes and treating the neck will take 20 minutes.
- There is no prior preparation necessary for the procedure and there is no downtime after the procedure. That means that you can get the procedure done at any day or any time that is convenient for you. You can go back to your day to day life after the procedure has been completed. You don’t need time to recover from the procedure.
- The good side to microdermabrasion is that it can be used to treat a wide variety of skin problems. This ranges from acne, to scarring, wrinkles, hyper-pigmentation, stretch marks, spots, sun damaged skin and flaky skin.
- You will get immediate results after the procedure. You don’t have to wait for weeks or months to see the effects of the procedure.
- Other benefits of microdermabrasion include the fact that your skin will have better absorption of skin care products that you use after it has been treated. This allows the products to work better on your skin and improve it. This will leave you with healthy and better-looking skin.
- Your skin will have reduced scarring. This is great for people who have scars that they want to get rid of. Even though the procedure may not permanently get rid of the scars, it will help to greatly minimize them.
While there are many gains of microdermabrasion, you can overuse the procedure, which will lead to skin irritation. Do not go for microdermabrasion too often, so as not to irritate your skin. Even though multiple treatments may be required in some cases, listen to your dermatologist’s advice when it comes to spacing out your treatments and the number of sessions that are adequate to achieve the look that you want.