When you are shopping around for a plastic surgeon, cost is usually a huge factor. This is because lipo is an expensive procedure. Knowing the average cost of laser lipo will help you to plan and budget your finances well. It will also help you know when you are being overcharged and when you are being charged a good price. Here are some of the average costs of the procedure.
- How much you pay the surgeon will greatly vary. The lower cost is $ 2, 000 while the higher cost is $ 10, 000. This is the money you pay the surgeon in exchange for their time and expertise. The longer the physician has been practicing, the more likely they will charge you more since they have a lot of experience.
- The price of liposuction also depends on which areas of your body the doctor is going to work on. You will be charged for each section they work on. The more areas where the procedure will be done, the more you will have to pay. If the surgeon will be working on different parts of your body, you can ask to be given a package price. If you are having two to four areas being worked on, expect to pay anything from $ 4, 000 to $ 6, 000.
- The garments you wear during the procedure also adds up to the cost. The average price of each garment is $ 250. On average, you may end up wearing two to three garments. If you wear more hospital clothes you will be expected to pay more.
- The cost of laser lipo is also affected by the price of the equipment. If the surgeon has to order specialized equipment to conduct the procedure, they will charge you more. In addition, if the surgeon uses more technologically advanced machines rather than the cannula, then expect to pay more. Examples of specialized equipment the surgeon can use include the laser liposuction console and ultrasound liposuction console.
- The laser liposuction cost is also affected by how long you stay in hospital. Generally, you will not be expected to sleep in the hospital since this is a one day procedure. But in case it happens that you have to be admitted, then the cost of treatment will go up. You can have the procedure done as an outpatient and return the following day for check up.
- The cost of hiring an anesthologist can go up to $ 400 to $ 450 an hour. So the longer the operation is, the more the bill will accrue. General anesthesia is more expensive than local anesthesia and it will cost from $ 1, 000 to $ 2, 500 for the whole procedure.
- After factoring in all these costs, expect to pay between$ 8, 000 to $ 10, 000 for the whole procedure. However, it is always a good idea to meet with your doctor and discuss with them what your needs are. The price quote you will be given will be customized to your needs and will give a more accurate picture of how much you will be expected to pay.
If the cost of laser lipo is too high for you, consider getting financing. Most surgeons have arrangements with financial organizations and they can organize for financing for any of the procedures you want done. Once the payment has been made, you will be expected to pay back the money in small installments until you clear the balance owed.